Personally, I am not that into politic and trying to refrain myself from writing post with political theme, but this historical event just creep me up too much and hence this post.
Let's start with the aftermath of BREXIT
1. According to TODAY's report, over US$2 trillion (SGD $2.7 trillions) value of stocks worldwide was being wiped off! Knee jerk reaction? I think it might be more than knee jerk... ;-)
2. The value of Pound is falling like a heavy metal falling knife...fast and furious style... The weakest since 1985 (30 years) @ US$1.3229
3. Oil price plunged 6.8% to US$46.70 a barrel.
4. And I am pretty sure many more to come from next week onward...embrace yourselves...
And the Regrets?
1. One of the pro-BREXIT's biggest propaganda (350 million pounds pledge to fund the NHS) is a "mistake", as per Nigel Farager himself in a National TV. Are those voted for him regretting now? A little bit, maybe? Check out the article and TV interview here.
2. Some of the voters who voted for BREXIT have shown their regrets openly in the news (always remember, every single vote counts and play a part, don't under-estimate it and vote properly next time, OK?) :
3. Oh, I also find this sarcastic article from The New Yorker very hilarious and apt to share it here too : BRITISH LOSE RIGHT TO CLAIM THAT AMERICANS ARE DUMBER
So what's next for non-Briton like us?
Life goes on! Markets will continue to tumble for the next couple of weeks/months (my prediction) but we just need to embrace it. On the other side of the coin, I know a couple of my financial blogger friends/opportunists are eagerly waiting to release their Kraken (war-chest) when opportunity strike. So, it's not all bad...
The BREXIT will officially kick-in only in 2018 and its impact to the Britons as well as the world in general will be forever!